Date(s) - 20/07/2018
Argyllshire Gathering Halls
This is a no-obligation feeler to see if anyone is interested in joining Colin McIntyre on a full-day hike to the top of Cruachan. Please “register” if you are interested, so that we know whether or not to move forward in organizing the hike. Details:
- A bus drop off to and from the starting point would be ideal.
- At over 3000 feet, it’s a proper climb. No mountaineering experience is required, but a head for heights would be necessary, and there will be some minor scrambling near the summit.
- A certain level of fitness would be required. It’s several hours up and down with a starting point at sea level.
- Participants would have to bring their own equipment: broken in boots, waterproofs, and a day sack with lunch.
- Weather dependent — hike will be canceled if weather makes it unsafe. Here’s a link to the Ben Cruachan weather report .
- Here’s a link to a video of the climb .
If even a little bit interested, please register so that we can gauge interest.
You can buy event tickets only if you have already registered for the Gathering. Please ensure you have done this before trying to buy tickets. Your username and password were emailed when you created a user account after registering.
These activities are still “proposed” until we have sufficient registrations to cover costs of running each event or activity. We will do our very best to provide activities as listed; however, they may be cancelled or modified due to bad weather, lack of attendance, changes in availability of transport, or any other factors beyond our control.
If a tour is undersubscribed and is cancelled, we will work with you to find a replacement activity or tour.
Please read the event descriptions carefully and use your own good judgment as to whether an activity is within or outside your physical ability. If you feel it might be beyond your ability please tell us as soon as possible. We will do everything in our power to provide modifications or assistance, but in some cases it won’t be possible or feasible for some people to take part in some activities.
Bookings are closed for this event.